[CS-FSLUG] The Moral Foundation of Free Software

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Sun Jan 2 19:50:44 CST 2005

Don Parris wrote:
>>I wrote about a parallel issue on my blog over a few days, calling it
>>the King's Business series. The Church has lots of problems, and this is
>>one of them. That so many traditional churches are trying to become a
>>business rather than a church is a real sore point with me. As a part of
>>my proposal to consider "unchurch" (for lack of a better term) I am most
>>certainly going to focus in FOSS as a major aspect of my ministry.
>
> Does your blog elaborate on how you plant to focus of FOSS?  I'll
> check it out either way.

Not in concrete terms. I tend to shape plans that fit my situation. For
now I advocate FOSS in my church's computer ministry by not giving away
any machines with Windows installed, unless I got it that way. If I do
anything at all to change it much (harddrive, etc.) it gets Linux or
Unix, and in one case a 486/25 got DR-DOS.

I strongly sense I will soon be called to serve far from my current
location, so I'll reformulate my concrete plans based on the new situation.

--
Ed Hurst