[CS-FSLUG] The Moral Foundation of Free Software

Aaron Patrick Lehmann lehmanap at cs.purdue.edu
Sun Jan 2 13:48:52 CST 2005

On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 11:41:22AM -0500, Fred A. Miller wrote:
> On Sun January 2 2005 3:33 am, Aaron Patrick Lehmann wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > The main point here is as David said.  The point of church is to reach and
> > teach people about Jesus, not to use FOSS or closed source software.  Use
> > what works.
>
> And, so far, everyone has ignored the IMMORAL nature of MickySoft and
> supporting it in any venue. I don't ignore it and won't.

I don't see how purchasing and using a Microsoft product is immoral.  However,
"closed-source" does not equal "Microsoft."  You imply that it does, and give
MS more prominence in the question then it deserves.

Aaron Lehmann

--
Why do the Democrats complain about Nader losing them Presidential elections?
Republicans don't complain about Libertarians.