[CS-FSLUG] The Moral Foundation of Free Software

brenda b29651 at charter.net
Sun Jan 2 07:44:24 CST 2005

> Most of the licenses people have kicking around are of the OEM
> variety.  According to the EULA, these are tied to the hardware in
> question, so if the whole machine were donated (or a "large enough"
> component of it) then you'd be legal.  Of course if the BSA comes
> around they're likely to be demanding legal documentation ... although
> I don't think that they'd be quite as agressive in pursuing a church
> as a profit-oriented business.

i dont consider a school as a profit oriented business yet BSA has targeted
schools before.
i really struggle sometimes with Christian principals and F/OSS especially
when you read the philosphies of some coders.but i also have problems the
same way with the world i come into contact with everyday.
the only thing i can do is what is right for me.i cant decide what is right
for others.i would hope that my walk in Christ would help to encourage others
to do the same.it is still choices we all must make.
sorry if i missed the point to this discussion and apologies.
brenda banks  aka br3n