[CS-FSLUG] Help in tracing a quote

Frank Bax fbax at sympatico.ca
Fri Aug 12 07:44:36 CDT 2005

At 07:39 PM 8/11/05, Eduardo Sanchez wrote:

>Listmembers, I need your help. Can anyone help me with the source of
>these verses:
>
><quote>
>  When the moon is old,
>  And the stars are cold,
>  And the books of the Judgment Day unfold.
></quote>
>
>Thanks in advance for all the help.

It's over 100 years old.  I found two references via google.  It is
disturbing to note the almost identical sentence leading up to quote.

1885 - History of the Church of God
Cushing Biggs Hassell & Sylvester Hassell
http://www.pbministries.org/History/S.%20Hassell/church_of_god_12.htm

1890 - Natural Law in the Spiritual World
Henry Drummond LLD FRSE FGS
http://www.ardue.org.uk/library/book1/elife.html

This page has two more lines transcribed from 1909 Obituary:
http://iagenweb.org/boards/jasper/obituaries/index.cgi?review=73298
         When the moon is old
         And the stars are cold.
         And the books of the judgment day unfold.
         One God, one law, one element,
         And one far off divine event.

But these two extra lines come from last stanza of Tennyson's "In Memoriam"
(1850):
http://eir.library.utoronto.ca/rpo/display/poem2124.html