[CS-FSLUG] Setting Up DSL Router

Timothy Butler tbutler at uninetsolutions.com
Fri Sep 3 23:29:46 CDT 2004

Hmmm.... normally routers "just work." Does it have a DHCP server in
it, do you know?

	-Tim

On Sep 1, 2004, at 10:47 AM, Don Parris wrote:

> I'm just now upgrading from dial-up to DSL.  Anyone familiar with
> configuring the router?  I'm running SUSE 8.0 Pro and using a brand
> new Westell DSL modem (router).  My system knows it's there, but it
> obviously ain't configured right.
>
> I'll be happy to send the ifconfig and anything else useful.
>
> username & password are correct for the service.  DNS servers are
> properly entered.  I've got just about everything setup except the
> router/modem.  I called BellSouth, and they gave me the internal ip
> addr for the router, and then told me to "call Linux and have them
> walk you through configuring the router".  I'm for real, too!
> Couldn't believe my ears.  From a tech support rep?
>
> Don

Timothy R. Butler       Universal Networks      www.uninet.info
| Christian Portal:      | Have you not learned great lessons |
|      www.faithtree.com | from those  who  braced themselves |
| GNU/Linux News:        | against  you   and   disputed  the |
|            www.ofb.biz | passage with you?   --Walt Whitman |