[CS-FSLUG] weird network problems

David M. dave at edificationweb.com
Thu Sep 2 09:26:40 CDT 2004

On Thursday 02 September 2004 09:41 am, Tim Young wrote:
> A 2.4ghz phone is usually responsible for the problem if it is just your
> wireless that drops.  If both things drop then it is something else.  (A
> 2.4ghz phone always says 2.4 on it somewhere in big letters.  Older phones
> were all 900mhz.)

I checked out my phone it's a 900mhz

> Do you have DSL or a cablemodem?  If DSL, is your router doing the PPoE?
> (Do you have a username and password in the router?)

I have a cable modem, no username or password required

> What model of linksys router?  That way I can download the PDF for it and
> see if there is anything special with it...  :)

I have the BEFW11S4. I've looked at the manual's and I didn't see much, but
maybe you might be able to spot something I didn't.

> Do you have an internal web-page to your linksys router?  (Usually you do,
> many people do not know about it.)  On the webpage there is usually an
> option to enable "logging".  This if you enable logging it will usually
> tell you what caused the connection to drop, or at least what did not cause
> it to drop...

Yeah I use the web interface. I also just enabled logging this morning in
hopes it would give me a clue as to why it's dropping. Hopefully I'll get
either a clue or an answer.

--
David M.
http://www.edificationweb.com