[CS-FSLUG] Microsoft's Ballmer bombards Linux OS

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Fri Oct 29 18:51:01 CDT 2004

Bradly McConnell wrote:

>On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 22:12:15 -0600, N. Thompson <n.thomp at sasktel.net> wrote:
>

>>It doesn't take a prophet to know what he said:
>> - MS ( > $200 to buy, almost no free software) costs 60% less to
>>operate then Linux ($0 to buy, 99% free and Free software)
>> - Linux is evil, run by thieves who have no respect for IP
>> - Microsoft owns you, see the fine print in that EULA you agreed to a
>>couple of years ago before converting to that evil Linux cult of yours
>> - Now that Microsoft owns you you should buy an overpriced copy of MS
>>office, MS visual studio and spend the rest of your money subscribing to
>>beta test software for us (thats right, *you* pay *us* for helping us
>>track down bugs and improve our products)
>> - You should preorder the latest upcoming version of all the Microsoft
>>products every month, the more copies of each you get the happier you
>>will be.
>> - If you are not using Microsoft products, your life has no meaning.
>>
>>Did I miss anything?
>>
>>See, there really is no point in reading what Ballmer has to say, the
>>guy's so full of hot air I'm surprised he hasn't floated out into space
>>by now.
>>
>>--
>>http://www.geocities.com/ntws01/
>>http://ntws01.blogspot.com/
>>

>Hmm, weren't you using windows to write this?

>?

Had to, I'm still working on getting Ark to work so I can do my
volunteer work in there and since its an unstable development version
I'm not going to have it handle my e-mail so that way I won't have to
back my my KMail folder every time I have to reinstall for something.
Already I've reinstalled once and will have to again, Arkieems to be
extremely sensitive to configuration changes right now.