[CS-FSLUG] Volunteering for Ark

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Wed Oct 27 00:52:40 CDT 2004

I've volunteered to do some work on Ark Linux after talking to Bero, I'm
going to start off with packaging and from there probably start writing
a few helpful applications once I get better at programming. One of the
requirements is that I run the distribution so I'm going to be
installing it over my current Slackware partitions and moving my school
work over to Windows, I realize I'll be losing about a week's worth of
work on Slackware but I consider this more important, and from what I've
heard, Ark could use the extra help. I'm happy because I'll be getting a
chance to increase my knowledge of Linux and the Ark folks will probably
appreciate the extra help.

Right now I'm still downloading the ISO images, by tomorrow I should be
ready to start familiarizing myself with the distribution and by the
weekend I should be starting to learn how to make packages, I'll try to
keep everyone informed as to my progress and the progress of the
distribution.

--
http://www.geocities.com/ntws01/
http://ntws01.blogspot.com/