[CS-FSLUG] Glorifying having a baby out of wedlock

Fred Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Mon Oct 25 13:39:44 CDT 2004

On Sunday October 24 2004 11:50 pm, Christopher Rose wrote:
> Hmmm... not sure that I liked this one. Hope and I had Jeremiah out of
> wedlock, I confess, and yet we have been married for just over two years
> now and our marriage is doing fairly well. Perhaps the author is a bit too
> strict, that is to say legalistic and yet he makes reference to God's
> forgiveness. Maybe it is just me, but I would like to believe that even
> though Hope and I sinned, we have been forgiven and that our healthy child
> and strong marriage are evidence of that forgiven state. However, it I do
> believe that it can be sinful to marry somebody just because they are the
> other biological parent of your child (as is the situation with somebody
> else in my family). I will argue for pre-marital counselling for anyone
> considering marriage, especially if the marriage is preceded the birth of a
> child (as was my own case). Now then, the final nail in this coffin for me
> is this: I love my wife and child and would do anything to protect them,
> even at the cost of my own life. If an! yone want to dispute this, they are
> welcome to try and argue, but it will fall upon deaf ears as one can not
> prove love, for love just is.

Chris, the point is that there SHOULDN'T be premarital sex - period! You did
the right thing, are married, there IS forgiveness, and all is well. This is
NOT true a great deal of the time, however.

Fred

--
"Running Windows on a Pentium is like getting a Porsche but only being
able to drive it in reverse with the handbrake on."