[CS-FSLUG] QOTW: Mail Clients

Eduardo Sanchez lists at sombragris.org
Mon Oct 25 07:22:03 CDT 2004

Well, I use Kontact. It does the same thing as Evolution, and it comes
with KDE, and it's fast.

Now, perhaps for a newbie, I would recommend Mozilla Mail or Thunderbird
simply because of their familiarity.

Blessings,

Eduardo

On Monday 25 October 2004 14:46, Timothy R.Butler wrote:
> Here is the question of the week:
>
>  What is your favorite Open Source e-mail client and why?
>
> Personally, I'm partial to Evolution. I have not tried Evolution 2.0
> yet, but I find Evolution 1.4.x much faster than other clients with
the
> large quantities of e-mail I deal with and features such as Virtual
> Folders makes it easy to managed e-mail. The built in calendaring is
> excellent too.
>
> For many people these days, I've been recommending Thunderbird since
it
> seems to have a bit better design for just e-mail, but Evolution still
> does some stuff I like that even Thunderbird does not offer (such as
> the Virtual Folders).
>
>  -Tim
> Timothy R. Butler       Universal Networks      www.uninet.info
> ==================== <tbutler at uninet.info> ====================
> | Christian Portal:      | Have you not learned great lessons |
> |      www.faithtree.com | from those  who  braced themselves |
> | GNU/Linux News:        | against  you   and   disputed  the |
> |            www.ofb.biz | passage with you?   --Walt Whitman |

Prof. Eduardo Sanchez
Asuncion, Paraguay, South America
 You know, my Friends, how long since in my House
 For a new Marriage I did make Carouse:
   Divorced old barren Reason from my Bed,
 And took the Daughter of the Vine to Spouse.

	-- The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam