[CS-FSLUG] HTML in Kmail

Eduardo Sanchez lists at sombragris.org
Sun Oct 24 16:36:07 CDT 2004

Jerry, fellow slacker:

Go to Settings -> Configure Kmail

There, go to Security, and the tab "Reading".

There, activate "Allow HTML to load external references from the net".

There it is.

Blessings,

Eduardo

On Sunday 24 October 2004 17:49, Jerry Van Brimmer wrote:
> On Sunday 24 October 2004 11:41, Jukka Y wrote:
> > On Sunday, 24. Octoberta 2004 20:13, Jerry Van Brimmer wrote:
> > > Alright, I know some of you are Kmail fans. :) I'm using Kmail
1.6.2. How
> > > do I get Kmail to show me an HTML message in HTML? For instance,
someone
> > > i know and trust sends me a HTML message with images embedded in
it.
> > > Kmail shows the images as attachments. How do I get Kmail to show
me the
> > > message as it was originally composed? I've tried all of the
settings and
> > > options I can find, none work. :(
> >
> > KMail 1.17 (using KDE 3.3.0) it is:
> >
> > Folder -> prefer HTML to plain text
>
> Tried that. My aforementioned email message still shows the images as
> attachments. :(
>

> > (but there is also a word of warning: "Use of HTML in mail will make
you
> > more vulnerable to "spam" and may increase the likelihood that your
system
> > will be compromised by other present and anticipated security
exploits.")

> > Blessings,
> > Jukka
>
> --
> The KING is coming!..................Rev. 1:7
> Linux User #153217..................http://counter.li.org

Prof. Eduardo Sanchez
Asuncion, Paraguay, South America
There are no _ordinary_ people. You have never talked to a mere mortal.
Nations, cultures, arts, civilisations --these are mortal, and their
life is to ours as the life of a gnat. But it is immortals whom we joke
with, work with, marry, snub and exploit --immortal horrors or
everlasting splendours.

	-- C.S. Lewis, "The Weight of Glory"