[CS-FSLUG] HTML in Kmail

Jukka Y mail at ylonen.info
Sun Oct 24 13:41:05 CDT 2004

On Sunday, 24. Octoberta 2004 20:13, Jerry Van Brimmer wrote:
> Alright, I know some of you are Kmail fans. :) I'm using Kmail 1.6.2. How
> do I get Kmail to show me an HTML message in HTML? For instance, someone i
> know and trust sends me a HTML message with images embedded in it. Kmail
> shows the images as attachments. How do I get Kmail to show me the message
> as it was originally composed? I've tried all of the settings and options I
> can find, none work. :(

KMail 1.17 (using KDE 3.3.0) it is:

Folder -> prefer HTML to plain text

(but there is also a word of warning: "Use of HTML in mail will make you more
vulnerable to "spam" and may increase the likelihood that your system will be
compromised by other present and anticipated security exploits.")

Blessings,
Jukka