[CS-FSLUG] Saw the President in person today...

Fred Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Sat Oct 23 22:25:23 CDT 2004

From a buddy of mine who lives in Fla.

Fred
___________________

About 50,000+ gathered in Jacksonville Florida at ALLTEL stadium where the
Jaguars play.. listened to a bunch of local and State and Congressional
politicos talking good about George W. Bush.  They really moved me. Mostly
it is because I have known most of them for over 30 years and know their
integrity and that they are not fooled easily. Then I heard the President. I
was MOVED. I wish he had been that hot-to-go in the debates, but then I
figured he must be wise. If you argue with a fool, nobody can tell who the
fool is.. so he did not do that on stage. He came out swinging to day.
Somebody finally got around to filling his speech with hard data. I am even
more delighted in this candidate and sitting President. If I were not tired,
I would get into all that, but suffice it to say...... when you see Air
Force 1 do a fly-by at 100 feet over your stadium and watch 50k+ people go
bonkers, it will give you goose bumps. Then you look around and your faith
is renewed in the future because you see that 50% of everybody is 35 or
younger and THEY are bonkers! Then you see the block of Iraq War Vets
sitting together and THEY are bonkers.. then you see "Democrats for Bush",
"Jews for Bush" ( a bunch of them and they typically don't even THINK of a
Republican, and you see the WWII and Korean Conflict Vets sitting together
and sporting W '04 badges and clapping and whistling when he entered the
Stadium...... and Aaron Tippin, the Country Star, belting out patriotic
songs and people crying at the Star Spangled Banner....... then I was crying
in relief.

There IS hope!

Have a great night. Pray for our country and that the Right will do right.

--
"Running Windows on a Pentium is like getting a Porsche but only being
able to drive it in reverse with the handbrake on."