[CS-FSLUG] Slackware progress report

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Sat Oct 23 20:58:06 CDT 2004

Things are going well with Slackware this time around, so far I have only had
trouble with finding a good IPtables interface that would compile and getting
mp3's and oggs to play, strangely enough sound works fine with KDE system
events and video files but when it comes to mp3s and oggs I don't get any
sound.

I've posted for help on LinuxQuestions.org since my firewall inquiry here
still seems to be unanswered, I think this time Slackware may very well work
out for me and I've found the experience once I had Xorg and KDE working to
be rather interesting. I'll post more as time progresses and if I'm still
using Slackware a week from now there's a good chance it'll become my main
distribution.