[CS-FSLUG] It's starting

Fred Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Wed Oct 20 20:08:12 CDT 2004

On Wednesday October 20 2004 6:01 pm, Don Parris wrote:
> > Just today he was wowed by the idea that such things as 'whois' and
> > 'host' can be done from the commandline, because they come standard
> > with Open Source. WinXP Pro is missing them.
>
> This is a directional shift, but I would like to come up with a name
> for a ministry where I offer presentations - Linux Demos - to churches
> (staff and members).  I would basically produce an educational seminar
> - say @ 4 hours long - that covers the following aspects of FOSS:
> <>Moral/Theological/Legal
> <>Technological
> <>Software Availability
> <>Support Options (Commercial & Community)
> The whole seminar would include a well-rounded tour of Linux'
> command-line and graphical environments.
>
> I hate to carry over the name of the church ministry - Matheteuo
> Christian Fellowship just wouldn't cut it.  Yet I'm stuck trying to
> come up with a name.  Any bright ideas?

I don't know about a name, but I'd also ad to the presentation the amounts of
money Gates and Company give to kill babies each year - money just to Planned
Parenthood alone is SUBSTANTIAL. There are other leftist organizations they
support as well.

Fred

--
"Running Windows on a Pentium is like getting a Porsche but only being
able to drive it in reverse with the handbrake on."