[CS-FSLUG] Distro flame

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Wed Oct 20 17:55:36 CDT 2004

On October 20, 2004 12:12 pm, Fred Miller wrote:
> On Tuesday October 19 2004 11:29 pm, N. Thompson wrote:
> > Sometimes I think it would just be easier to get a Mac but since right
> > now I'm a little short of enough just to get CD's  a Mac is probbaly out
> > of the question ;-) .
>
> [snip]
>
> Ron

Oops, you have me mistaken with dad and you haven't even seen the family
resemblance yet :-) .

> , the TRUTH is simple; you WON'T EVER be totally happy with any distro.
> nor release. Get used to it and deal with it. :) Even SUES isn't perfect,
> and never will be.

Thats a very pessimistic point of view :-(
If I can live with Windows save for the proprietary nature of the OS then I
should be able to find a Linux distribution of equal or higher quality, if I
can't then Linux isn't worth using if I can afford or already have something
better.

> We all have to make a decision as to what we can live
> with and what we can't, and that's maybe where you are. Outside of SUES
> simply being better from release to release, IMHO, there are political
> reasons why I won't use Mandrake.

Does this have to do with the boycott of French products? I'm going to be
really bold here in saying that I don't think people should be persecuted
because of their governments and personally I felt that Canadians (me being
one of them) took a lot of flak from some Americans on the internet who were
mad because our government decided not to get involved in the war. I can
understand being angry with a nation because they might intentionally provoke
you but to get mad at a country for refusing to send people out to die for
something they don't have enough evidence to believe in is unjustified.

Hopefully you can respect that what I have just said is my opinion and whether
you agree with it or not everyone is entitled to believe what they want as
long as they are ready to accept the consequences of it when the time comes.