[CS-FSLUG] Distro flame

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 17:45:51 CDT 2004

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:12:16 -0400, Fred Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday October 19 2004 11:29 pm, N. Thompson wrote:
> > Sometimes I think it would just be easier to get a Mac but since right now
> > I'm a little short of enough just to get CD's  a Mac is probbaly out of the
> > question ;-) .
>
> [snip]
>
> Ron, the TRUTH is simple; you WON'T EVER be totally happy with any distro. nor
> release. Get used to it and deal with it. :) Even SUES isn't perfect, and
> never will be. We all have to make a decision as to what we can live with and
> what we can't, and that's maybe where you are. Outside of SUES simply being
> better from release to release, IMHO, there are political reasons why I won't
> use Mandrake. I don't expect everyone else to make the same
> decisions.....that's why Ford and GM are still in business. :)
>
> Fred

Not sure who Ron is, but this sounds more aimed at Nathan, who is the
one searching for a new distro.  I confess I'm waiting on a friend to
burn a copy of Fedora Core, but that's for experimentation purposes.
SUSE remains my primary distro.  I just feel that, given my work in
FOSS advocacy in general, I should be more familiar with other
distros.

--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/