[CS-FSLUG] It's starting

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Tue Oct 19 14:29:54 CDT 2004

My buddy at the computer shop in town got a bushel of viruses a few
months ago. He already knew about Open Source, but had doubts because
of the lack of "business apps". Then he got some more viruses and
decided to install SuSE on one of his spares. Fell in love with it.
Then he found out I run FreeBSD and was hot to learn it, too.

Now he mentions to customers the phrase "virus free" and a few are
beginning to perk their ears up. Folks in our area have had a lot of
it. Today, one of his customers called and asked for private help
installing and running Knoppix 3.6. I really don't care about the money
he offered; this is way out in the middle of nowhere, Texas, and
somebody is giving serious consideration to jumping from XP to Linux.

Time to rejoice!

--
Ed Hurst