[CS-FSLUG] FDA approved a microchip (verichip) that will beimplanted in humans.

Frank Bax fbax at sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 19 12:38:22 CDT 2004

At 01:07 PM 10/19/04, Norbert Bollow wrote:

>Christopher Rose <kf6snj at lycos.com> wrote:
>
> > Even though I am an amillenialist, I have been expecting this for
> > about a decade now, so I not too surprised. If anything, I think I am
> > more surprised that this has not happened sooner. I just have to
> > wonder if perhaps microsoft is looking at this as a way to generate
> > computer logins and track who uses which computer and when.
>
>Tracking "who uses which computer and when" was definately part of the
>original plans for Microsoft .NET;  I can provide references if
>desired.  MS has in the meantime backed away from these ideas a
>bit, probably because other big companies (whose support MS would have
>needed to pull this off) didn't want to trust MS with their user data.

Isn't this going to be the same problem with any shared storage
device?  It's probably already possible to create a "smart card" (whether
implanted or not) that could store data for multiple companies and or gov't
agencies - like drivers license, medical cards, bank cards, credit cards,
etc, etc - but do you think any company would sign-up to use that card with
its customers if it thought the other corporate partners might all be able
to access each others data - not likely.

Frank