[CS-FSLUG] Keeping track of files durring make install

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Fri Oct 15 00:32:49 CDT 2004

I learned how to make RPM's and thats been very helpful but its hard to
make good ones because I never know what files are going to be installed
and where they are going to go. Because of this I always miss files and
wind up with an RPM package that is going to install several files but
only remove a few of them on uninstall. I would like to improve this but
I don't know how, perhaps someone could point out a way to force "make
install" to think a certain folder is actually the root folder so then
after doing that I can find out exactly what files are going to be
installed. Also while I'm talking about that is there some easier way to
fill out the files section then by going through an entire folder and
listing its exact contents, maybe some shell script that would output
the necessary information to a console so it can be pasted into KWrite
when I'm writing a spec file.

Thanks

--
http://www.geocities.com/ntws01/