[CS-FSLUG] Abiword

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Thu Oct 14 21:02:12 CDT 2004

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for replying, I've not found a
way to set the default paper size in Abiword but I have disabled that
automatic bulleted list starting in OpenOffice.org and so now I can use
that comfortably.

I do have to agree with one of the comments someone made, trying to stop
MS Office from starting bulleted lists is very difficult and thats what
I have to use at school. If OpenOffice.org had a grammar checker that
was as good as the one in MS Office then it would probably have the
office suite beat since spell checking in MS Office doesn't seem all
that impressive in comparison and it has lots of nagging "features" that
cannot be disabled along with hugs file sizes because it wants to keep
track of every single change made since the file's creation.

My notes in school are very simple, all I really need to use is a rich
text editor, I hardly need all the features found in todays text
editors. Fortunately now with these configuration changes to
OpenOffice.org I can happily carry on typing notes without having to
worry about something I don't want getting in the way and should  I need
more advanced features they'll be right where I need them. I'm surprised
however that there are no longer any simply rich text editors around, it
seems that every office suites coming out now has to be very memory
intensive and  have it own file format thats incompatible with every
other office suite.

--
http://www.geocities.com/ntws01/
http://ntws01.blogspot.com/