[CS-FSLUG] VERY, VERY IMPORTANT ALERT!!!!!!!

Fred Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Wed Oct 13 14:11:21 CDT 2004

On Wednesday October 13 2004 1:43 pm, Jukka Y wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 October 2004 17:25, Frank Bax wrote:
> > At 05:29 PM 10/12/04, Fred Miller wrote:
> > >The current definitions for Symantec AntiVirus can detect but NOT
> > >remove this malicious software!!
> >
> > This is as it should be.  Why would AntiVirus software be expected to
> > remove spyware?  They are different threats.  I have seen several spyware
> > threats that NAV has detected and not removed.  When Norton/Symantec
> > comes out with AV-AS software, then it can be expected to remove spyware
> > threats.
> >
> > Frank
>
> I don't see why antivirus software couldn't remove spyware as well as
> viruses etc. I realized this when had to setup a windows computer to my
> friend and she wanted to know why she needed a different programs for
> spyware and viruses. I couldn't give her a good answer - aren't customers
> just happy if they could do all cleaning with one program?

Actually, it could - just doesn't. What NO ONE is talking about now is a "new"
registry in Longhorn that so far, WON'T be editable. This is going to
complicate the removal of virus', worms, malware, etc., etc., etc. MickySoft
just doesn't get it!!!

Fred

--
"Running Windows on a Pentium is like getting a Porsche but only being
able to drive it in reverse with the handbrake on."