[CS-FSLUG] Creative writing

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Mon Oct 11 02:50:55 CDT 2004

Not a day goes by when I don't feel crushed under a mountain of homework, I
get frustrated at my parents and peers ignoring how much real effort I put
into it. I get tired of hearing stories about how in their days they had to
write fifty thousand page essays on ants or something like that because it
not like its any easier today.

------------

Another "untitled" by yours truly...

Its the same old thing every night
finishing homework is a timeless fight
I gave up everything to give my 100 in school
But the other kids cheat and thats just not cool

I've gone beyond the call to do my best
Yet the other kids just play and rest
How is it that I lose all my free time
Getting this much work should be a crime

I try hard but it just doesn't pay
I give it my all, even on a bad day
Late nights are spent all to often
Doing homework, with morale fallen

Here I am again with another late night
Doing more school work, thats just not right
Writing notes, studying and trying hard
Yet marks over 90 are virtually barred

I have given up every dream I've had
Postponed anything that could make me glad
But where I work while the other kids cheat
Keeping up with that is quite a feat.

Why is it cheaters are rarely discovered
Too often the truth remains covered
I've given up everything I've ever wanted
Just so one day I'd have good marks to be flaunted

Everything I've wanted for years
Lost still longer under a torrent of tears
I'm tired, the other kids are just sick
Those who cheat must be real thick.

Why isn't there at least some justice in a world created by God
All I have is the satisfaction of knowing which path I've trod
I stayed honest, I tried my best and I've exhausted myself recently
All the other kids destroy themselves, physically and spiritually.

Nathan P. Thompson <ntws01 at yahoo.com>