[CS-FSLUG] [Fwd: Re: Recommendation for TextMaker and PlanMaker]

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Tue Oct 5 17:22:18 CDT 2004

On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 15:54:03 -0600
"N. Thompson" <n.thomp at sasktel.net> wrote:

> Just thought I'd pass this on to the list :-)

"thank you for your feedback. Upcoming major upgrades of TextMaker and
PlanMaker will support the "open office" format type. In the meantime,
you can use the "detour" via .doc, .rft and .xls files, which can be
read and write by our products without any problems. And yes, we are
currently thinking about an application, that works like MS PowerPoint,
but at the moment, we can't give you any further details regarding this
issue."

How nice. When I complained they offered no support for importing plain
text files, they ignored me. The issue is removing the 'newline'
characters at the end of each line when pulling in plain text files so
that the user is not required to manually delete each one.

Even though there is version for FreeBSD, I have no use for it.

--
Ed Hurst