[CS-FSLUG] Israel

Nigel Ridley nigel at i-amfaithweb.net
Tue Oct 5 00:34:18 CDT 2004

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 17:25:01 -0500
"Christopher Rose" <kf6snj at lycos.com> wrote:

> Sounds to me like the UN is trying, once again, to create a peace plan
> that is ultimately doomed to failure.
>
> Christopher
>

> Middle East - AP
> AP
> U.N. Calls Emergency Meeting on Israel
>
> Mon Oct 4, 2:21 PM ET
> Add to My Yahoo!  Middle East - AP
>
> UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. Security Council called an emergency meeting
> Monday at the request of Arab nations to consider a resolution
> demanding an immediate halt to a major Israeli offensive in the
> northern Gaza Strip (news - web sites).
>

> Algeria's U.N. Ambassador Abdallah Baali, the only Arab member of the
> council, requested the open meeting following the nearly weeklong
> operation that has killed at least 65 Palestinians.
>
> "Taking into account the gravity, the urgency of the situation, the
> seriousness of the situation, we need to have the Security Council
> take a decision quickly — and quickly means tomorrow (Tuesday) at the
> latest," Baali said.
>
> The draft resolution, which was endorsed Monday morning by Arab
> nations, expresses "grave concern at the continued deterioration of
> the situation on the ground" in Palestinian territories and calls on
> Israel and the Palestinians to immediately implement the
> internationally-backed road map peace plan.
>
> The Arab draft condemns "the broad military incursion and attacks by
> the Israeli occupying forces in the area of Northern Gaza Strip,
> including in and around the Jabiliya refugee camp, resulting in
> extensive human casualties and destruction and exacerbating the dire
> humanitarian situation."
>
> It "demands the immediate cessation of all military operations in the
> area of northern Gaza and the withdrawal of the Israeli occupying
> forces from that area." It also reiterates the council's call a halt
> to all violence and adherence to international humanitarian law.
>
> --

If you have a look at modern Middle East history you will notice that as
long as the Arab side is winning the U.N is not interested in stopping
the violence, but as soon as Israel is winning then the U.N. demands,
sometimes with a [binding] Security Council resolution, that Israel
desist and withdraw.

Did you know that according to  U.N. mandates UNWRA is prohibited
from allowing combatants and weapons in it's refugee camps? Have you
noticed that the same refugee camps are swarming with
militants/terrorists and tons of weaponry?

Perhaps the U.N. is somewhat hypocritical and biased.

Blessings,

Nigel

--
It's not a problem -- it's a learning opportunity.
--

I AM Bible Studies and Resources
http://www.i-amfaithweb.net

Messianic E-Cards.com