[CS-FSLUG] Linux standby and wake on a schedule

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Mon Oct 4 00:20:14 CDT 2004

I'm wondering how a computer is put into standby mode in Linux, I've
ever really found the feature anywhere and my new computer seems to
support it rather well.

I'm also wondering if it would be possible to schedule wake up times for
when the computer is in standby and I want it to come back.

With that would it also be possible to use my computer as an alarm clock
in the mornings with some sort of program, I would rather not use a cron
job since I know very little about it.

I would appreciate any input from the list, now that I know my computer
can successfully go on standby and wake from it I'm interested in what I
could do with that.