[CS-FSLUG] Canadian bank, intimidation?

R. Thompson ron.t at sasktel.net
Sun Oct 3 19:11:02 CDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-10-03 at 16:46, Aaron Patrick Lehmann wrote:
>   Given these feelings, should I display
> that rainbow?

   OK, suppose you display the rainbow, wouldn't you be identifying
yourself with the group behind the project and all that they stand for?
Or, you may have done it out of fear of reproach from your fellow
workers or the public that is expecting you to align yourself with their
cause.

> I do believe homosexual activity to be a sin, and not something
> people should be engaging in.  I also know that if the SS is ever chasing a
> homosexual, I will let him or her hide in my closet.  Possibly we should
> develope our own sticker.  Possibly with a cross on it, and Jesus' "new
> commandment" to love one another on it?  When asked, we could explain that our
> religion commands us to love all men and women.  That while we cannot condone
> sin, we love sinners, or at least try.

    Interesting idea, lets put the tolerance of these 'rainbow' people
to the test, would they object to a non-homophobic Christian putting on
display a symbol or sign of Christ's love for sinners?

    What concerns me the most, I think, is that a cowardly group would
use my employer to set my fellow employees and a segment of the public
against me because I could not in good conscience make a public display
of solidarity with their cause (which is offensive to a number of
religious groups).

    My sign might read that I'm Dei-phobic, for the fear of God is the
beginning of wisdom.

    Ron T.