[CS-FSLUG] Dual booting problem after moving hard disks

Warren Sanders warren at sandersonline.org
Mon Nov 29 12:01:42 CST 2004

Nigel Ridley wrote:
> I eventually got around to moving the two hard disks from a PII to a
> PIII today (one small one with Win98 and the other with Libranat 2.8).
> However when trying to boot into Win98 I get the following error
> message: Booting Windows on /dev/hda1
> rootnoverify (hd0,0)
> make active
> chainloader +1
> Invalid system disk
> Remove the disk, and then press any key

What is your complete grub.conf?  Check your partition schema for such
partitions as a Dell utility partition that would sit at hda1.  If
Windows sits at hda2 then your grub.conf rootnoverify would be hd0,1.
Grub doesn't use the same device schema as it starts with 0.

Blessings,

--
Warren Sanders
Family Photo Galleries