[CS-FSLUG] The Freely Project (RESEND)

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 12:18:48 CST 2004

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 12:21:25 -0500, Christopher Rose <kf6snj at lycos.com> wrote:
> I lost the original of this message. Please resend.

Here's the resend..........

Don Parris Wrote:
After discussing things with Ben Thorp, from The Freely Project, where
I am a regular participant, I will not launch "yet another ministry"
as OS Grace, but will work under the banner of The Freely Project.
This makes much sense.

Ben and I have, from the time we ran into each other, shared much in
common with respect to our desires to help the universal Church learn
about and use FOSS.  Since the Freely Project desires, as one of its
stated goals, to have believers available on the local level to
provide consultancy, etc. to churches & ministries, I would simply be
stepping up to the plate as a member of The Freely Project.  I also
think it would help to keep things simple for other believers if we
maintain something of a small "network" (however loosely connected) of
websites/e-mail lists.

I presently perceive the core Christian FOSS sites to be:
<>CrossWire Bible Society (with all its Sword projects)
<>The Freely Project (Forum with strong global presence)
<>OS Ministry (Predominantly American forum for FOSS)
<>CODN (Incubator/Thinktank)
<>ChristianSource (highly active e-mail list)
<>Linux4Christians (an additional - not quite as active list)
<>Matheteuo Christian Fellowship (publications & web portal)

This also provides The Freely Project with a local presence here in
the US.  A few other members of TFP are also from the Carolinas.
Pehaps we can work together to some extent.  Incidentally, anyone else
interested in being a local "guru" could introduce themselves ove at
TFP.  TFP also has an on-line helpdesk that could use some additional
staff.  They could also use some clients as well. :)  Just thought I'd
throw that out there.

I appreciate everyone's input on OS Grace.  I've just really wrestled
with that.  Just as GNU Grace might give the wrong impression, why
wouldn't OS Grace give the wrong impression?  I also wasn't sure what
Ben would think about me taking on a more active role than simply
participating in a forum and helpdesk.  After my recent e-mail with
him, I think we're connected by the Holy Spirit - we're thinking on
one accord.

God bless,
Don
____________________________________

Norbert Bollow wrote:
Congratulations - it is *so* valuable to find someone with whom
you are in deep agreement about what needs to be done.

Blessings,
Norbert.

--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist