[CS-FSLUG] Alternate Media Player

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Thu Nov 25 10:33:21 CST 2004

Brothers and Sisters,

Given: I use KDE 3.3.0. It was a monumental effort to get that version
installed, because I built it from source, downloading via a slow
dialup. For the most part, it works for me and I don't intend to update
any time soon.

Need: I find I am frustrated by aRTs. I know that KDE 3.x will use
other sound servers, because I've tried it. I used 'esdplay' for a
time, but can't get it to play Ogg files. I really like the new KDE
Ogg-based sound themes. Is there another sound server that will work
with KDE and play Ogg files?

Ed Hurst
A Bible Site -- http://webs.tconline.net/softedges/
Linux & Unix Help -- http://ed.asisaid.com/