[CS-FSLUG] LINUX COMMUNITY WANTS MORE SAY IN OS DIRECTION

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Tue Nov 23 14:59:49 CST 2004

Norbert Bollow wrote:

[snip]

>which will have a pinguin sticker (and Linux+DotGNU inside).
>
>Founder & Steering Committee member of DotGNU, see http://dotgnu.org/

So you're involved in some way with DotGNU then? ;-)

[snip]

>There is
>no problem, but the money doesn't go to companies like Sun anymore. The money goes to small companies.  That's a good thing (as long as you aren't Sun or Microsoft :-)

Very true but companies are driven by two things, the personal agendas
of the people in power at the company and collecting up wealthy, I can
see IBM liking Linux in the long run since they're making lots of money
off their patents and don't really need to make that many products any
more but Sun who is not financially secure like IBM will always have
that desire to amass more wealth.

http://www.geocities.com/ntws01/
http://ntws01.blogspot.com/