[CS-FSLUG] Seeing/connecting to another HD installed

Ruth Marlene Friesen Bouquet at ruthes-secretroses.com
Mon Nov 22 09:34:49 CST 2004

On 20 Nov 2004 at 12:14, Jukka wrote:

> Here is something I found of the topic:
>
> The Theory Behind Hard Drive Management
> http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/tutorials/4232/1/
>
> Adding A Hard Drive with Existing Data
> http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/tutorials/4232/2/
>
> Adding A New (Empty) Hard Drive
> http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/tutorials/4232/3/
>
> Formatting a Drive and Wrapping Up
> http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/tutorials/4232/4/
>
> I think second article shows how to temporarily "mount" that new drive
> (so that you can copy necessary files from it). To make it permanent,
> you have to edit /etc/fstab accordingly (so that machine can
> auto-mount the new drive during boot-process).
>

> Blessings,
> Jukka

Thanks, Jukka. Those articles explained the essence of my problem
and how to solve it.

 I printed out most of those articles last night, and went to try them,
but ran in to a snag. Where to mount the partitions on Drive G to?
When I checked in DrakControl I found I could easily do it there too,
but the options were partition names like /var /swap  /user  etc., and I
have no idea which to choose.  I was afraid I might tie things into an
ugly loop, so I decided to wait until I get a bit more info.

Any more specific ideas while I find time to go digging for info?

Blessings & Thanks,
Ruth