[CS-FSLUG] [OT] Laundry

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Mon Nov 22 09:57:19 CST 2004

On Monday November 22 2004 1:56 am, N. Thompson wrote:
> I know this is off topic but recently I've lost a record number of clothing
> items to stains and its getting near the point of having to go on nother
> dreaded clothes shopping trip.
>
> Mom has a tendency to cook these hot-dogs with cheese in them every once in
> a while, we all used to like them at first but now they are just too salty;
> anyway in self defence one of those hot-dogs decided to spray me with
> scalding hot cheese one day and now I have stains on a good pair of pants
> that I doubt mom will be able to clean them out considering her past
> failures to do so. Does anyone here know of an affordable and preferably
> easy way to get such stains out of clothing?
>
> I'd greatly appreciate some help with this, and I know there are women in
> this list, as well as some men who have referred to themselves as
> "house-husbands" in the past, one of you has to know of some way for me to
> save that pair of pants, if I can't It'll be another WalMart (blind
> customers who crash into you like grass hoppers into a windshield) trip for
> me :-( .

The problem is that if she's washed the clothes in hot water, then the stains
are set and there's probably no way to remove them. I'd make the VERY strong
case for using NO OTHER detergent than Era, as it has enzymes in it to remove
most food stains, and IN COLD WATER.

Fred

--
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to
have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the