[CS-FSLUG] SUSE gets favourable review for use on Laptops

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Thu Nov 18 08:21:59 CST 2004

On Wednesday November 17 2004 7:40 pm, N. Thompson wrote:
> http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=8893
>
> -----------------------
>
> I'm neither a fan of OSNews nor am I too keen on giving SUSE another try
> but it does seem, from what the article says, that Novell/SUSE is
> putting in some serious effort into better laptop support. Now if only
> someone could talk them out of messing around with OpenOffice.org and
> get them to put more effort into optimizing the distribution and YaST so
> it will actually be able to compare to other distributions as far as
> speed goes.

They HAVE to mess with OO as those knuckleheads refuse to not stray from the
standards set down by committee! I've had "code jockeys" from SUSE AND another
distro. tell me the same thing!

> Fred, do you have good connections with SUSE? Ask them to stop messing
> around with the default settings (bullet size etc...) in OO.o and ask
> them to optimize it better so I can use the distribution again ;-) .

They don't do all that much to it.....just what's needed to get it to install
properly, and that's all they do.

Fred

--
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to
have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the