[CS-FSLUG] Digital recording

groundhog3000 groundhog3000 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 13 22:24:29 CST 2004

Interesting,

I should say that the church I attend simply runs the stereo output from
the board to a $200.00 digital soundcard.  This is all done on the fly,
of course, since the CD's must be available immediately afterwards.
They have a 300 gig HD and a recording program (Heck, I do all my audio
projects at home using Audacity).  During the program, they split the
tracks by a simple key press to ensure that there is a way to skip from
section to section (aren't we glad for ordered services).  Once the
service is finished, they run the audio (in .wav format) to 4 servers in
the information office and the people in the information office then
start burning (they have a piece of hardware that allows burning 16 Cd's
at once off of normal "thin client" PC's).

Could a system that records to a normal, but well HD endowed PC be used
to send audio to a server for burning and later adjustment.
Probably... but this is a cheap solution ... and requires some technical
knowledge.