[CS-FSLUG] Three OS's on one box

groundhog3000 groundhog3000 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 12 14:55:50 CST 2004

I have XP, Mandrake and Fedora on my box (FC3 controls the boot loader),

>  I think Ark crams everything into one partition so I should have
> three on my HDD now, shouldn't I be able to create a fourth to locally
> install a distribution? In case Sam doesn't have a hard-disk
> installation program that will allow me to skip setting up a boot
> loader is there another light distribution that will allow me to do
> this, preferably one that either uses KDE, XFCE, IceWM or WindowMaker?

SAM linux has no gui install.  It is a pain to partition and there is no
package selection.  That said, if you like it just the way it is, make
the partition using Ark, install SAM to HD and skip the bootloader
install.  You'll have to edit Ark's bootloader to boot SAM.  That said,
SAM replaced PCLinuxOS as my live CD of choice.

Anyway, just some thoughts from me.