[CS-FSLUG] Re: Xmas

Stephen J. McCracken smccrack at hcjb.org.ec
Wed Nov 10 08:31:44 CST 2004

David M. wrote:

> For real,  I thought X-mas was just a Synonym of Christmas?

After I learned the true background of "Xmas" I started using it more
and more.  In seminary taking notes of what the professor was saying and
such it was much easier to write "Xmas" and "Xian" rather than
"Christmas" and "Christian" when trying to keep up with the professor.
Realistically when writing by hand I did make the "X" look a lot more
like the greek Chi rather than the Roman "X".  (more "curvy").

sjm