[CS-FSLUG] Gmail spam handling

David Aikema daikema at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 20:55:34 CST 2004

I know that a number of people from the list have been using Gmail (I
even got my invite from Tim... thanks!), so I'm wondering if anyone
had any comments on how well it is at spam detection.

Am I the only one who find them to be rather pitiful?  Of the 60 spam
that arrived at my Gmail account since yesterday, only 10 of these
were actually filtered into my spam folder (no false positives
though).

Of the ones remaining in my inbox, probably at least half had been
marked as spam by spam-assasin (my gmail account is acting as
catch-all forwarding for a domain name I own, so all mail first goes
through spam-assasin there).  Might the fact that these emails are
routed first through this legitimate site be confusing gmail?

David