[CS-FSLUG] QOTW: Mail Clients

Brian Derr bderr at myrealbox.com
Sun Nov 7 18:35:56 CST 2004

On Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 09:11:10PM -0500, Robert W. wrote:
> I've wanted to try Mutt. Screen space has always been the limiting
> factor. Is there a way to make a terminal window use more than 24
> lines? Or even more than 80 characters across? I know I can make the
> window bigger, but will Mutt automatically expand its display?

Definitely it will expand with the geometry of the xterm you use.  This
is what I have in my ~/.blackbox/menu file:

   rxvt -geometry 100x45 -title mutt -e env LC_CTYPE=ISO-8859-1 mutt

The env LC_CTYPE=ISO-8859-1 is supposed to help render latin characters
with accents, etc but I'm not so sure it is working.  At any rate, that
is the command you could type in to have mutt take up a full xterm
(rxvt in my case) with 100px x 45 lines.

Brian

--
The just man walketh in his integrity:
his children are blessed after him.  -- Proverbs 20:7