[CS-FSLUG] Just thinking...

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Sun Nov 7 08:12:05 CST 2004

> I have been just thinking about this season that we are entering
> into. Some of you know that we are in the season of Pentecost and
> will full soon be in the season of Advent. I found myself thinking
> about this while at a thrift shop this evening. What got me to
> thinking about this was the fact that all the christmas merchandise
> was already out in the aisles.

How do you witness to a dying culture, while trying to disentangle
yourself from it? I doubt any two of us will have the same answer.
Though I do note Advent, in my Southern Baptist background it is never
mentioned. I find it's best to discern the spirit of the moment when
responding to it all. In some places I vehemently attack modern
American culture (on my blog, for instance) and other times I let it
pass, because there's something more important to address.

--
Ed Hurst