[CS-FSLUG] Just thinking...

Christopher Rose kf6snj at lycos.com
Sat Nov 6 22:09:57 CST 2004

I have been just thinking about this season that we are entering into. Some of you know that we are in the season of Pentecost and will full soon be in the season of Advent. I found myself thinking about this while at a thrift shop this evening. What got me to thinking about this was the fact that all the christmas merchandise was already out in the aisles. I have to wonder if perhaps we are starting to lose the true sense and meaning of this season called Advent (or christmas)? As a father of a little boy I find myself thinking about these things, especially when Big Idea has to put out a video like "The Toy That Saved Christmas" (a very well made and thoughtful video, but it cuts me to the heart to think that the holiday has become that commercial).

Anyone have any thoughts?

Pax,

Christopher