[CS-FSLUG] United Church ministers want to unionize

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Fri Nov 5 09:39:58 CST 2004

On Friday 05 November 2004 07:57, Frank Bax wrote:
> VANCOUVER - Some United Church ministers in Ontario and B.C. are
> trying to unionize, saying they want to improve their poor working
> conditions.

Great. One more step toward making churches just like corporations. I
surrendered to the ministry *expecting* to work excess hours and starve
for it.

I understand the gripe they have with the upper hierarchy. I should
think there's a better way to handle it, because unionizing almost
guarantees one more batch of bricks in the wall separating "clergy" and
"laity" later.

--
Ed Hurst