[CS-FSLUG] America & Iraq

Timothy R. Butler tbutler at uninetsolutions.com
Thu Nov 4 21:47:52 CST 2004

> Firstly I'd just like to say how excited I was when I found this User
> Group. I've been involved in other LUGs, each having a lot of Zeal for
> the free software world. But this is the first I've come across with
> members zealous for Christ and having an interest in Linux :
> [...]
> Please let me know if I'm not welcome and I'll promptly remove myself
> from the list.

	First of all, welcome to the list. :-)

	Now to the questions at hand. We -- thus far -- have aimed to avoid
having a separate political list, but all political posts are suppose
to have a "PD:" prefix in the subject so that you may filter them out
at your convenience. Some do not have that -- I try to catch some of
them, but (the following point is directed toward politically active
list members) I encourage list members to fix the subject when the
respond if the initial poster forgot.

	Here's one thing to consider: I think the political season should be
winding down for awhile -- at least a year of relative quiet. You have
to keep in mind that we have about a two year run up to the
presidential elections here in the U.S., so when it gets to the last
few months before we get rather frenzied. I think most of us are tired
and happy at the moment with the election results in, so we will
probably be quieter for awhile (you probably won't find me doing much
political posting, for instance -- maybe one or two more things looking
back, but perhaps not even that).

	At any rate, you are VERY welcome to stick around here. I do highly
recommend using the PD filter if you don't want political discussions,
or perhaps waiting a few weeks first and seeing if things have calmed
down enough. We have one year, eleven months and 29 days until the next
major election.... :-)

	-Tim

Timothy R. Butler       Universal Networks      www.uninet.info
| Christian Portal:      | Have you not learned great lessons |
|      www.faithtree.com | from those  who  braced themselves |
| GNU/Linux News:        | against  you   and   disputed  the |
|            www.ofb.biz | passage with you?   --Walt Whitman |