[CS-FSLUG] Unique opportunity to sail the sea for Christ

Kirk Wilson kirkw at frii.com
Thu Nov 4 17:05:31 CST 2004

Hello all;

I would like to make you aware of a need.  I am the Director of IT for OM
Ships International and we have an immediate need for an individual with
experience in supporting Windows based users in troubleshooting computer
problems, basic applications on a Windows 2K network systems.  This
individual is needed for a term of 3-4 months from now through the end of
Jan-Feb 2005.  The location for this person would be on board the MV Doulos
one of OM's ships presently ported in Catania Italy but would be sailing as
staff to the various ports of call.  This ship's focus and goal is to bring
the love of Jesus Christ to the Nations through ministry, evangelism,
training, aid and literature.  The MV Doulos is the largest floating
bookstore in the world and also the oldest ocean going passenger ship, built
in 1914.  The incredible beauty and excellent shape the MV Doulos is in is a
testimony to the blessing of our God and the commitment of the crew.

Over the next few months the Doulos will be porting based on the schedule
listed below.  This schedule is accurate at the time of this publication.
Ports and dates may change due to unforeseen circumstances and/or new
information.

Unconfirmed ports are indicated in italics.

PORT

COUNTRY

ARRIVAL / DEPARTURE

Catania

Kotor/Bijela

Kotor - Programme

Bijela - Drydock

Valletta

Port

Port

Larnaca

Beirut

ITALY

MONTENEGRO

17-Nov-04 / 22-Nov-04

25-Nov-04 / 12-Dec-04

MALTA

MEDITERRANEAN

MEDITERRANEAN

CYPRUS

LEBANON

28-Oct-04 / 15-Nov-04

17-Nov-04 / 13-Dec-04

15-Dec-04 / 03-Jan-05

06-Jan-05/16-Jan-05

23-Jan-05/25-Jan-05

26-Jan-05

27-Jan-05/15-Feb-05

If you would be interested in this challenge, or know of someone who would
be please contact me at the address below.  The individual would need to pay
for their own transportation to and from the ship.  We ask for references
from a sending/supporting church and encourage you to obtain prayer partners
and supporters to help cover the cost (about $100.00 per month but this is
negotiable) of your boarding.  We also ask for a personal statement of
faith.

As part of the MV Doulos team, you will have the opportunity to work
alongside people from many nations, share the love of Christ, be involved in
ministry both onboard and off-board the ship at each port.  This position
reports to the onboard IT manager and is part of the IT staff supporting the
ships ministry.  All OM staff and crew are volunteers and raise their own
support.  Additional information on the ship can be found at
http://www.doulos.org <http://www.doulos.org/>     Additional information on
OM worldwide can be found at http://www.om.org <http://www.om.org/>

In Him;

Kirk D. Wilson