[CS-FSLUG] Re: Consientious Objector

Fred Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Tue Nov 2 14:31:58 CST 2004

On Tuesday November 2 2004 1:14 am, Stephen McCracken wrote:
> Bradly McConnell wrote:
> > This may seem harsh, but if it's me or them, it will be them.
>
> This is interesting.  I have talked to some Christians who are opposed
> to being in the military for this reason.  They feel that they are the
> most prepared to die. (They are already going to heaven.)  Whiule they
> can't be sure that the soldier on the other side is prepared to die.
> They can not accept the thought that they might be responsible for
> sending someone to hell who, if they had not been killed, might later
> have a chance at becoming a Christian.
>
> It was a different viewpoint for me.  What are others' comments on this
> idea?

God has sent his people into war many times. Life has a LOT of choices that
aren't easy. Evil is evil, like the war we fight now......it MUST be done. To
do otherwise, like removing Hitler years ago, IS unthinkable.

Fred

--
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to
have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the