[CS-FSLUG] SUSE 9.2

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 11:03:14 CST 2004

Well gang,

I'm amazed.  SUSE 9.2 proved for me to be the easiest OS installation
ever - and I did some window cleaning this weekend.  No more Windows!
Maybe I'll have one of those big parties like churches have when they
burn the motrgage papers!

I'm livin' high on the hog now, and have better multimedia capability
than ever before.  SUSE 9.2 detected/configured everything - sound,
video, monitor, & printer.  All I did was click a button to print the
test page.  It took me a second go-round to get the DSL connection up
- not sure what I did wrong the first time.  But I'm up now.

I do still have a few tasks to accomplish:
(1) Get my Handspring Visor working via the USB cradle (it didn't get
automatically detected)
(2) Get my microphone working (it works with the Windows box at work,
but not with my SUSE box)
(3) Get my Kodak CX6200 Camera working via USB - without locking up
the system (which forces a hard reboot - OUCH!)

Otherwise, I'm very impressed!  I'm not a speed demon, but maybe I'll
time the boot & application loading processes later.  It's fast enough
for me - which is the main thing.

Don
--
DC Parris GNU Evangelist