[CS-FSLUG] Consider this before you vote!!

Bradly McConnell bradly.mcconnell at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 22:15:21 CST 2004

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 22:24:38 -0500, Aaron Patrick Lehmann
<lehmanap at cs.purdue.edu> wrote:
> that have committed murder, treason, or
> are soldiers of a country with which mine is at war, because these are the
> current Biblical sanctions our society uses (although I'm not sure about the
> treason one; is it Biblical?).

If you consider the person committing treason to be an enemy of the
country, then yes, in my opinion they fall in with the soldier aspect.
 Where is the line drawn for the definition of "soldier" though.
Uniformed military is an easy one, but what about the situation in
Mogadishu a while back, with women and children firing at U.S.
soldiers.  In my opinion, they would constitute an opposing force, or
enemy.  The way I look at it is "are they a threat to my life, or
another military persons life?"   This may seem harsh, but if it's me
or them, it will be them.