[CS-FSLUG] resources

Alvin Smith email at alvinsmith.com
Mon Nov 1 08:48:44 CST 2004

Oh!  Sorry.  I am teaching Linux and Open Source.  Our computers are running
Debian.

I hope to begin with an introduction to FOSS, and a general overview of the
Linux OS, then move on to specific applications.  The classes are to be for
non-technical people with the ultimate goal (or one of the goals) of
preparing them to be able to use the classroom as a computer lab to do their
research, wordprocessing, bible study, presentation preparation, etc, and to
generally enhance their skills as a worker.

Most of the course material that I have encountered so far seems to be a bit
too advanced for the people in this target group.

Thank you,

--
Alvin Smith