[CS-FSLUG] What Happened to Nautalus

Chris Brault groundhog3000 at yahoo.com
Tue May 25 21:23:22 CDT 2004

Yup,

> Just found out today how to do it:
>
> Open the GConf editor* and set the following
> key: /apps/nautilus/preferences/always_use_browser
>
> Now I have no excuse for switching to CLAW.... (just
> kidding!)

I don't think the CLAW is going to be winning awards
anytime soon. I am still surprised that people use it
for real. It is a hack, a clean hack, but a hack
nonetheless. I use it because it does what I want it
to do and not much else. It's like most of my system.
I didn't like the tools it came with, so I wrote my
own.

> * I noticed GConf Editor is in my menu under System
> -> Configuration-> Gnome -> Advanced (I have
Mandrake
> 10), but it doesn't appear if I open
> the Gnome Control Center and go to Advanced.
> Executable is /usr/bin/gconf-editor, I believe.

I checked that out, and it worked. If that option were
a snake, it would have never found it, hiding under
that rock.