[CS-FSLUG] SUSE

N. Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Sun May 23 16:56:45 CDT 2004

I've been very tired lately so bare with me, I'll try my best to avoid
spelling mistakes and typos.

I'm sure I've brought some of this up but I either can't remember or wasn't
satisfied with the answers I got.

First off just as an observation it would seem that we have fewer SUSE users
then before, as a result it seems there is almost no mention of SUSE any
more :-( .

Also I'm curious about SUSE plugger, I know I've brought this up before but I
find after plugging in a USB thumb drive it takes several minutes for the
mount point to appear and the program to become responsive again. I'm curious
as to whether this is just an issue with the FTP version or not. Currently I
am running the 9.0 download edition (also missing libjawt.so which isn't
available via YaST so OO.o is a little slower starting up).

I'm still waiting to hear someone's comments about SUSE 9.1 professional, I've
been wanting to get a copy of it myself however the hefty price attached to
the professional edition will take me a while to afford.

I am a little curious to say the least as to whether the FTP install versions
are sabotaged a little to encourage the users to switch to the commercial
versions, unfortunately the only local store to carry it here still wants to
charge CAD $59 for 8.1 personal (and doesn't have any newer versions despite
having a large section of the store dedicated to Windows software that will
never sell) so I'll probably have to order in if I want to get a fair price.